Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Shifting Focus

So this blog was originally created to track my resolution goal and to talk about what it is like to train for the NYC marathon. 

I reached my resolution miles and I did talk about training for the NYC marathon and trained!  So, done and done (even though race never happened). 

Since the storm, I have pretty much stopped working out, gone to Ireland, had four Thanksgivings.  Needless to say my body is, um, wider ha!  I gained 9lbs since all of this and lost two so far this week, so net about 7lbs up.  Seven pounds isn't much, but I feel more tired and I wasn't at a great weight before I gained.  Yes I was running like a mad woman, but I was still overweight.

So, this blog/diary will shift focuses to me trying to lose the pounds, a new resolution and training for the 2013 NYC Marathon!

Right now I'm going to focus on losing major poundage.  I am heavy, way too heavy!  I am weighing in with one of my besties every Monday so I will put it out there for all of you as well.  It's about accountability right, right?  So below are my stats as of this Monday, I know I lost two already, but I won't make it official until Monday, weekends are usually horrible for me!

As of 11.26.2012

Current Weight  179
Goal Weight      150

I will add loss/gains starting Monday.

Now, lets talk exercise.  I want to join a gym or kickboxing but I am hesitant because of $$$.  I'm saving for a wedding and I know that starting March I'll start running again, so I'm not sure if I want to spend the loot for a couple of months.  I talked to B and we discussed doing something together, but I doubt I can count on him for exercise.  I love my fiancee, but he gets into exercise then gets out just as fast.  I can't think of doing something together, because then I will shift my mind that we HAVE to do it together and then give myself an excuse not to go when he decides he doesn't want to go.  I can get him to walk though.  Walk and talk.  So for now, until I figure out another plan, my exercise will be walking at night, lifting at home and doing yoga booty dvds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment