Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Back into the groove...

Running this week was great.  Got back into the swing of things and my legs felt good, my breathing was good.  I guess I didn't cause complete damage to my training by slacking off last week, the true test will be tomorrow.  This week did get hot though and humid.  I woke up yesterday and ran 7 miles.  It was still dark out when I started but it was hard to catch my breathe.  The water fountains do not turn on until 7am in Hoboken and I didn't bring my water belt so it was exhausting.  I was praying for rain.  I finished but I reprimanded myself for not bringing my water belt.  I can't do that to myself anymore.  Dehydration is a risk that I shouldn't take.  I did work in two large hills though and the only thing that was bothering me was lack of water.  B took a picture of me and Clyde on my way to work after the run.  Check out how foggy it is!  You can't even see NYC!!!!



Well I kept up with my runs this week and now I just have my long run tomorrow.  I'm pumped for it, ready for it (mentally).  Today is a super busy day at work so I will probably get home, lay out my clothes and then get right into bed.  I want to get an early start since the weather might be a little warm tomorrow so I'm going to get my arse up at 5am, take C for a walk then begin my run at 5:30.  Hopefully I will be finished by 9am.  I have the busiest day tomorrow! 

After my run my day is as follows:

Run 20miles
Shower
Blow dry hair (I know it should be a simple step but I have really long hair and it's boring)
Go look for/purchase a dress and maybe shoes
Come home take C for a decent walk
Freshen up and do my make up
Drive 45min to our engagement party
Party, Party, Party!
Sleep!!!!!

It is going to be such an awesome day but I am going to be TKO'd after the engagement party.  I really don't even know how I will be standing in potential heels at night....probably lots of alcohol will be assisting me with the pain!  Have an amazing weekend and focus on what is happening as it happens!  Don't sweat the small stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment