Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blurry Weekend

My weekend went by in a haze that did not include a long run.  I really jumped off the cliff after Tuesday.  I will tell you how it all went down and how I feel today.

Friday, B got an offer letter!  Yay! He is 100% employed and the job is an amazing opportunity for him.  We both could not be happier with the outcome of our situation.  We are truly blessed.  That meant, we need to celebrate!  Off to Dino & Harry's, we celebrated with good friends of ours with wine, steak and laughs.  It was really nice.  I woke up with a tiny hangover.  I knew I had to be at my girlfriends for lunch around 12:30 and it was around 7:30am.  I could have gotten my long run in, but decided I would hydrate all day then feel better after lunch and get a run in.  Lunch was awesome, I got to catch up with her and saw her cutie pie baby boy. Around 4pm we were on our way home and my mind went into back out mode.  I decided then and there I was not running when I got home.  I also had plans to go out with my girlfriend that night, so I knew I was committing to not running all weekend.

I really can't tell you why I decided to pack it in for a weekend all I can tell you is I did.  I was getting my "time of the month" if that had anything to do with my crazy ass decisions, but it was me, falling off a cliff without a thought in the world.  Needless to say I woke up Sunday am a bit hungover again and slowly got into the day.  I went down the shore to visit my gram and mom and that was that.  The weekend was over, my runs where non existent.  There you have it, full disclosure.

The good news is that Sunday night I was ready to reset.  I ran Monday, 6 miles, felt great and back to basics.  I do not think one weekend of ditching out on my long run is going to have an awful effect on my overall training but I know it will have an effect.  Tonight, going to see Looper (free Optimum Tuesdays ya'll) and tomorrow waking up and doing 8miles happily.  I'm going to make a positive spin on my hiatus, I'm refreshed and ready to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment