Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Defeated.

I feel it ya'll!  Complete defeat!  I let a switch in the routine ruin me again.  I skipped my long run this weekend.  Probably the most mentally important run for me and poof, this weekend came and went no run.  I hardly had anytime this weekend and when I did (which I carved out to run) running was the last thing I wanted to do.  I am not sure how to feel about this.  I beat myself up pretty hard Sunday night, then Monday morning came, the alarm went off and I went for a run.  A typical six miler with hills.  Regain focus maybe?  This weekend is clear as clear can be.  I know I have my Saturday free for me to wake up and do my long run.  I am supposed to taper down but I'm going to do my 22 miles this weekend and then taper down just one weekend prior.  I know this isn't ideal, but hell, it is what it is.  I'm exhausted, training is boring, work is so busy that the last thing I want to do is something physically challenging.  Although, after I do run in the am or whenever, I feel energized and ready to take on the world.  Why does your mind F with you so much.  When you break a routine for just a short period you forget how amazing you felt during.  I will never understand that. 

The good thing is that my routine was all messed up because I had to be at a 1st bday party for one of my bestie's son which was early and there was no way I could get a run in that morning.  The party was perfect.  It was at a farm and the weather was gorgeous.  I ate and ate and ate.  Really it was gross.  Not only did I not burn off the calories but I ate like I was going to run for four hours.  Nice!  I definitely am paying for that this week.  I gained 4lbs in two days!  4lbs!  I digress.  Her son is such a sweet boy, very observant.  He is a hard kid to make laugh, but he is a mellow little dude for the most part. Check out B with Chase.  Looks like a natural right? Right???



Tonight B and I are going to a sip and scan!  So excited!  This is where you go to a store (Macy's for us) and register as they pass out finger foods and champagne.  They make it a really fun experience and I can't wait.  They are even having a DJ ha!  Then tomorrow, up and Adam for an 8 mile run then a hike with B and C!  I took the day off, just to take it off and refocus!  We all need those folks!  Mental health, it's a thing!

I have some pictures that sum up my lazy weekend but this is my favorite.  Even Clyde was feeling lazy!  Here's to a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment