Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Surpise!

It was me and B sitting at the bar McCloones on an amazingly gorgeous day on Saturday.  We decided to go to the bar to meet my sister and my brother in law for a drink and hour before my step mother’s retirement party.   Well that is what I thought anyway.  I get a frantic text from my sister that the retirement party is earlier than the time my father had provided (which would be very much likely, my dad is a ditz) and I should hightail it over there before speeches start.  It was being held at the historic center of Monmouth Beach, NJ.  We pull up, we park in a frenzy and I dash in with my card out, trying to get in before my step mother speaks, then flash bulbs!
The first person I saw was my mother and I immediately knew, this is “my wedding shower”!!!!  The room was so girlie.  White, cream  & pink colors surrounded the room and little pink potted plants where in the center of each table.  My bridesmaids are seriously the most thoughtful beautiful all around ladies.  I am so lucky to have such a great group of friends!  There was sangria, wine and water on a main table and there were gifts, EVERWHERE!  I hit the jackpot!  It took me a while to calm down.  I walked around the room and hugged each person, but I was still completely frazzled.  I sat down ate a bit and then we got down to business, I got in the big chair in the front of the room, the supposed “hot seat” and my girls asked me all types of questions about Brendan and our relationship.  I knew most of the answers and I definitely knew the ones I should have known!  It was really sweet hearing the answers he said to some questions.   Then gift opening.  I am not sure how it was for every other bride to be, but I was so shocked and amazed with how generous everyone was.  We got so many great items off our registry and the only thing left now is to get a house! 
At the end of the day, it is weird being the center of attention, but it really shows you how loved you are.  I left the shower feeling so blessed to have all these people in my life from all different times of my life and I am blessed to be marrying such an amazing man!  I cannot wait for this next chapter!  I will post pictures as soon as I get them from the girls!
Other than that amazing, amazing day, not much happened this weekend.  I got to spend time with my bff that flew in from LA for my shower (how awesome is she), her sister (another bff) and her baby on Sunday morning.  Hanging with babies seriously keep me youthful for sure.  I can’t wait to have one to play with!  B left for OBX to help his best friend get ready for his wedding down there on Friday and to play golf!  I am heading down there first thing tomorrow morning to celebrate thier wedding and I cannot wait! 
Food wise, I have been keeping it healthy for the most part, but the shower threw me for a small loop.  Also, I got my lovely friend this week and feel like my body is one big bloated fart!  I won’t be on for a couple of days because I will be in OBX, and will def take pictures!  Sending love out to the internet world-love-love-love!

No comments:

Post a Comment