Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pretraining, training

I officially start training on July 1st, but like I said in prior blogs, I start running consistantly in June, and I have!  My breathing is still a work in progress, but I already feel better.  My energy is up, I feel stronger already and it has only been a couple days into June!  Also, I am organically opting for better foods.  What I mean by organically is that I don't have to think about it, I just crave it.  I know it has been a while so let me catch you up.

The weather in NJ has been weird, super hot, rainy or colder than expected, but since June 1st it has been pretty nice!  Perfect for running.  This am I wanted to take Clyde for a walk, he was basically begging me with his eyes.


Look at those dark eyes, screaming WALK ME!

So I did!  I took him on about a 45 minute walk and he was plenty happy!  I was going to run in the am, because I just feel better running in the am, but I knew it was going to be nice out all day, so I am going to jog when I get home.  My goal is to do 3 miles at whatever pace feels right!

I have been using a new app called micoach. I know there is amazing things you can do with this app, but to tell you the truth I can't totally figure out how to work it yet.  I can, however, figure out how to make it track my runs and it is AWESOME!  It shows me how far I went, a map of where I went, the elevation, paces, etc.  Also, as I am running it tells me when I hit a distance and the pace I was going for that mile!  I have to say that I absolutely LOVE what it does for me!  I love hearing that little ding and the woman telling me my stats, it is so motivating!  I started using this on my last run and I plan on storing my workout history during training, however I can't figure out how to import the information so I can show you yet.  I have a friend that knows I.T.  really well so I will have to make sure to get more lessons from him soon!  I really want to be able to publish my runs, so anyone can see how to train for a marathon when you are not professional runners!

My birthday was amazing and low key, just the way I wanted it.  Spent with family and friends and barbecue!  The time has been flying by and things have been moving faster than I can keep up with.  Wedding invites are out, shower thank you's are getting finished!  It is so hard to write thank yous, it takes me a while to express the gratitude I have for everyone.  I really am humbled to how amazingly generous my family and friends are!  B and I are lucky people indeed!

One of my guilty pleasures these days are Starbucks Berry Hibiscus teas!  Amazing I tell you and as far as drinks from Starbucks go low on calories as well.  When it is hot, nothing cools me down like a Berry Hibiscus Refresher!!!  Get it guuuuuuuuuuuuurl!



I mean doesn't even look refeshing????


No comments:

Post a Comment