Monday, July 22, 2013

Familiar Pavement

This weekend was filled with a ton of activity, but all good!

Friday started off with an early morning alarm going off at 5:30am.  I ran a quick 4 and some change mileage and then we hit the road for a drive to Spencer, MA.  We visited friends for the weekend and they took us on a surprise tubing trip!  To say it was fun was an understatement!  For about 4 hours we tubed down the Connecticut River with minor rapids, a cooler filled with beer and twisted teas and made a pitt stop to jump off some cliffs!  Below is a picture of us before we hit the river.

  The white bobble looking things was our coolers!

After tubing we got some Mexican, chatting a bit more and went to sleep at our friends home. 

It was an early rise again on Saturday.  Our friends have four children ages 5 and younger.  Yes, you heard that right!  They were up and ready to play around 6am and there wasn't really any point in trying to stall.  I got up immediately and started playing with the kids and tried to give B a couple more hours of sleep.  He was up about 30 minutes later ha!  They were having a BBQ that day, so we helped out where we could, but mostly I just played in the pool with the kids.  B is the godfather of the little girl (she is the only girl out of the bunch) and she is our flower girl in our wedding next month.  Here is a picture of me and my girl Luci at thier BBQ.

Total lovebug!

We left around 4pm and heading home to Hoboken.  Around 7:30 we got home, showered and tried to watch The Bourne Legacy.  It was a fail.  I fell asleep about an hour in.  Oh well, I'll have to catch the ending another time.

Sunday was, you guessed it, another early rise.  I got up around 6am and heading on my long run.  I was excited because on Sunday it did cool off a bit.  The heat wasn't that bad and it showed in my run. 

Kind of fuzzy, but above are my stats for that run.

I felt great, but it was kind of annoying because I had to start my tracker about a minute before I actually started my run.  I ran at around a 10 minute mile pace.  It isn't fast but I'm still starting out and my long runs I need to maintain a slow pace because I am not sure how much energy I will need at the end.  I did start hitting the beginings of the longer paths I took last year.  It was fun and it made me happy to see the same milestones I had surpassed last year.

After the run, I showered, got my oil changed, went to a fun baby shower for my beautiful cousin and headed home to chill the F out! 

Tonight, wedding work followed by an early morning short run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment