Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

When it's this hot, you don't cool down

I ran my scheduled 4 miles this morning and I think my body is starting to get used to running in the heat.  There was zero breeze by the water and the sun was out in full force, but I didn't feel sick or exhausted.  Another bonus was that the water fountains where on!  Hoboken usually only turns their water fountains on after 7am, so it was a supremely pleasant surprise that they were on when I went for a drink around mile 3 at 6:30ish in the morning!  I dipped my whole face in that water fountain! 

I took a cold shower and just couldn't totally cool down.  I didn't put make up on because my face was still a little clammy and I just knew the walk to work I would only start sweating again.  Below is a picture of me on my way to work, an hour and cold shower after my run!
                                   Yup, still have a completely red face, kind of hard to put make up on!

I literally moved where ever I saw shade.  If one turn had a shadier path, I was on it.  Even though I managed to stay in the shadows of buildings, I was a little sweaty when I got to work.  Ugh, these are the only days I miss my job in NJ where I would just walk to my car, sit in AC, walk out of my car and go into an AC office!  Sweating and blouses are not the best of combinations! 

I tried something different this week, starting Monday, regards to eating.  I tried eating less bread, pasta & rice.  I am still eating a lot.  But in the morning I am going for two fried egg whites and two veggie sausages with a load of hot sauce, see below:


                                                                  Don't playa hate!

I have been eating a lot of salads, but a lot.  I mean I am not really full, and this morning I snuck on the scale and guess what, I lost weight!!!  I mean I know it's a mixture of running as well, but when I was eating toast for breakfast and pasta for dinner it definitely didn't feel as easy.  I mean I really am not feeling deprived or hungry during the day.  Well I'm going to try and continue this eating and let you know if some crazy urge or something comes over me and I binge on two loafs of Country Arnold white bread or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment