Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Not from around here

Friday in LA was another amazing day!  Me and my girls hiked up to Griffith Observatory.  It was no joke my friends!  It took us about an hour of up hill, looked around once we got to the top, beautiful, then made our way down.  I hate going downhill when it is steep, I'm always so scared of slipping and falling, but it was definitely worth it.  Here are some pictures of the hike:


Me, mid hike, gots to have that water!



The Observatory!



There was a statue of James Dean up there which was pretty weird to me, but it was because he filmed there.  Idk, I still thought it was random, but I love me some James Dean! 

Afterwards, we had a quick breakfast and headed to a meditation ground where some of the Dalai Lama's ashes where spread.  It was gorgeous and very peaceful!  The guru who started the Meditation Grounds had a long and interesting history with  politicians, celebrities, athletes, etc.  Here are some photo's of that excursion! 





Me and my bestie getting our meditation on!


Section where some of the Dalai Lama's ashes are buried.

We washed up and hit up Hollywood!!!  I only saw one quasi celebrity and he was going to the movies ha!  Jesse Metcalfe was going to see a movie when we came out of watching ParaNorman (such a cute movie).  I will say, he was very hot!  We did the whole Chinese Theatre, star search.  I took some photo's but kept with the classics :) 



Front of Chinese Theater





Shirley!  Love her!



Of course I had to get one of Marilyn!  Look at those tiny feet!!!  I got some others, but I don't want to sound repetitive.

We also hit up this amazing little secret garden called Oz in Hollywood Land.  You can click on the link to read some history about it, but even my pictures will not do it justice.  This place was amazing, quiet, secluded, amazing little detail every turn and the time and energy that went into each project is just overwhelming with admiration.  Here are some pictures of the items you will see in this little secret gem.



A lot of Hollywood history is in all the little detail, whether it is tiles from a set, a home or glass from a project, etc.











September 11th dedication





I am sooooo lucky!  I got a piece of the garden.  Truly magical!

Saturday was my run.  It was hot.  Very hot.  I shouldn't have listened to my friend and I should have just mapped my run and did it at 5am that morning, but hey what are you going to do.  I didn't start on Santa Monica Pier until 7:30am.  It started really nice.  The summed up version is:  everyone was super good looking, I went faster than normal, shade for the first 12 miles was minimal and needed, I ended hot and exhausted.  I finished though.  I would not call it pretty but I would call it done!

After my run I met up with my other girlfriend out in LA who lives in Santa Monica and we rode our bikes and ate and chilled all day.  It was awesome and laid back.  I was tired, but some liquor helped me muscle through biking around town.  I didn't bring my camera so I have no shots of Santa Monica, but I will say it is probably the only town that I would live in if I lived in LA.  Super fun, young and healthy energy.  I was really glad we biked though because I ended my run going through Venice Beach and I was so flipping tired I missed all the sights, it was nice to see them on a less stressful event.

I am not sure if I'm mixing my days up but we obviously hit up the Hollywood sign!  Check it out! 



We got as close as we could.



Three Amigos!

I did get to the beach and we hiked a really beautiful beach hike on the Zuma Trail (Pt Dume) but my camera died and I didn't get any shots :( 

Overall, my trip was perfect and I am so happy with all the little adventures I got in.

Today I ran, it sucked and it felt like running in a room that someone just took a hot shower in.  I am SO over all this heat and crappy weather!  The good news is that today's 6 miles pushed me over into the 70% complete to my New Years Resolution!  Sweetness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment