Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What is that feeling?

I ran this am and felt a soreness in my shin when I first started running and when I was finished.  I had shin splins once in my life, in high school when I finished field hockey and started winter track.  They hurt so bad.  So bad!  I think this is just the beginning of what could become much worse if I don't watch it

Let's start off with a weekend recap! 

The Mets game was so much fun, but freezing!  Citifield is like a wind tunnel and it got so cold I was looking for anything in my purse to put around my shoulders.  We had crappy seats, but the stands where pretty empty so we found some decent seats to sit in.  I got chicken fingers and fries and B got hot dogs and ate half of my fries.  Classic baseball food!  Classically fried that is :)  I didn't like the fries so much, but I loved me some chicken fingers!  Not the best pre race food, but hell it's baseball!  I did notice that they had a veggie hot dog for sale after I already ordered my fingers.  I am definitely going to try that next time.  I love veggie burgers but never heard of a veggie hot dog.  I have a feeling it can go either really well or taste like a rubber broccoli spear.  I'll let you know next time I try it.  Here is a shot of us goofing around before we left.  We didn't stay for the whole game but we had a blast while we were there, Go Mets!!!


I woke up at 6am on Saturday and I had nerves man.  My stomach was doing a lot of rumbling.  I can't believe it, I had race jitters for a 10k! A 10k is about 6.2 miles and unfortunately this loop was clockwise around Central Park.  If you have run more than one race in Central Park, you know clockwise stinks!  Long exhausting climbs up and a quick decline only to go on another long hill.  Boooooooooo!  I would much rather do the quick incline and take the long decent thank you!   Anyway, my nerves got the best of me and I had to light up the porta potty :(  Sorry runners, it was me!  I hate that!!!  Whenever I get super nervous I have to poop!  What is that????? 

The first mile sucked.  I really didn't think I was going to be able to get it done, then like most of my running excursions, I found my pace and started to get into my breathing pattern.  I cruised, like the good ole days!  I didn't run as fast as I did when I was in shape, but I was happy.  I finished a little over an hour at a 9:53 minute a mile pace.  I felt like a million bucks!  Here is me and my friend Maren before the start!


After the race, B and I napped and then celebrated our anniversary!  Seven years!  We went to an early dinner, then went to the Melting Pot for fondue desert and drinks.  It was a really magical night, one that makes you feel like it's a first date again, even though you have been together for seven years! 

I leave for San Fran on Friday and could not be more excited!  I'm going with my friend that lives in LA (took trip out there in Sept) and even though it is short I plan on doing it up!  I'm also excited to do a lot of biking! Since my shins are tender, I wasn't planning on running for a week to let them rest, but I can bike to workout and keep moving forward in getting in better shape for my training.  It is a perfect time to go out there!

Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment