Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back in the saddle

I have been running again.  Slowly.  This past weekend was the first run where I started to feel my old lungs coming back, my legs hitting stride.  It was wonderful.  I ran 3.5 miles and I was tired, but I felt great.  I felt comfortable running, not gasping for one last breathe each time.  I can work through any pain but if I can't breathe it is all over for me.  I signed up for a 10k this weekend.  It's very ambitious and I do not plan on running the full 6 miles, I probably will walk/run the last two miles, but I'm ok with that.  Baby steps.

My eating has been, eh.  Pretty bad on the weekends, but good on weekdays, so I am at a standstill weight wise.  B did finally sign up to a healthy diet at home too.  Since Easter and other birthday, shower, etc functions are mostly out of the way I'm going to take advantage of April being low key and eat as healthy as possible and push myself a little bit more each week physically.  I hope to be at a comfortable 6-8 mile range when I start fully training again this year.

My March was filled with activities, all very fun, but all exhausting, when I look at April, I am so excited for the plans.  This weekend, 10k, then making a super nice dinner for B and my SEVEN year anniversary!  Next weekend I am off to San Fran to visit my friend and that area, it's a short vacation, but I'm looking forward to it so much and I know that I will be able to sustain my healthy eating on that trip!  The weekend of the 20th I am moving my best friend to her new home, that is something that is bitter sweet since she lives right down the street from me now, but I am so excited for her and her husband, that Sunday I am running a 4 miler in NYC and going to brunch with friends (must remember healthy eating!).  The weekend of the 27th I am free!  Wahoo!  B will be in San Diego for work and I think this may be a good time to visit family or go hiking with Clyde, depending on the weather!

So there you have it! Trust me, there will be wedding planning/organizing involved in each of those weekends, but for the most part they are calm.  I have been feeling such an overwhelming amount of stress lately.  Nothing that is making me sick, but just the feeling like I always have something to do.  Seeing my down time coming up is making me feel better and calmer already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment