Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

When 6 Miles is a "short run"

This week started with me f'ing up my training schedule.  I was supposed to do Monday 4, Wed 5, Thurs 4.  Well Monday came and went and I woke up Tues and did 6 with hills and intended to do 4 today and 3 tomorrow.  Well this A.M. was a total fail!  I heard my dog crying in the middle of the night.  Sort of like a breathing wimper.  I waited a few minutes and it didn't go away so I went downstairs to check on him.  I pet him and he just kind of moaned like he was happy to get pet.  He didn't start breathing wierd again so I decided I would rest with him for a few minutes to make sure that it was nothing (it was prob a dream).  Anyway, I woke up around 7:15am and his paw was over my face and his head was on my pillow on the couch ha!  We were total sleepover buddies!  Also, he was fine and ready to start the morning, so I guess it was just a bad dream he was having.  He really cracks me up.  Look at this picture B took of us this Sunday (disregard the deer in headlights look on my face).  Clyde looks like a total pimp daddy dude getting pet!  What a weirdo!



Anyway the point is I skipped today too, ARGH!!! I am meeting up with my Outback girls (I used to work at Outback Steakhouse through college and a bunch of us girls meet up every couple of months and keep in touch, how cute right!) tonight so no fitting mileage in when I get home.  So my goal is tomorrow 6 miles.  That leaves me one mile short for my "short" runs during the week.  What are you going to do, life happens sometimes!  I'm not too upset although I would rather have had 3 to do tomorrow instead of six, but hey no one to blame but myself on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment