Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weathering the Storm

The title of this post has more than just the literal meaning for me right now, however on my five miles this am, I did literally have to run through a storm.  I was about one mile in when it started to drizzle and then in mile two it poured.  I mean POURED.  My attire was definitely not the best choice.  White cotten shirt and cottonish pants.  I did have a blue sports bra on, thank god!  Once my shirt got wet you could see my back tattoo and everything!  I am definitely not fat, but I am not someone who should be running in a sports bra only if ya know what I mean, ha!  The rain actually felt kind of good, cooling me down at first.  Once it wouldn't stop I was not happy!  My Ipod crapped out.  I did pick up a poop bag from a dog park I passed to run with my Ipod in the bag, but it was too late.  I had to finish my mile and half without music.  After the rain eventually subsided, I felt 10 pounds heavier.  Hell I probably was 10 pounds heavier and right then and there I decided I hate running in the rain.  Soggy shoes, wet clothes, no music, rain is for the birds man!  Anyway, when I got home I decided to show ya'll a picture of my sogginess.  Aren't you lucky!  The good thing is I did five miles and felt really good breathing wise.  I only had to do 4 but I decided to do a little extra to push myself in the bad weather.  The weather on November 4th might be brutal so I guess I should prepare right???


The non literal part of this quote is just some family issues that are eating at me.  We have been dealt a round of sadness with a side of stress and really both situations we are completely helpless.  Fate will have to take it's course.  There are definitely times that I feel overwhelmed and sad, but right now I'm really happy I had that run to do this morning.  I know it is very "Tom Cruise" of me to say but I am a believer in exercise of any form.  I clear my head.  I think.  I refocus.  I know many people have sadness they cannot control (depression, bipolar, etc), but I am lucky.  I do get sad.  I do get overwhelmed.  I know it is not a sickness though and what helps me is focusing on running.  When there is nothing you can do to mend a problem you have to start looking at ways to help the individual whose problem it REALLY is and that is exactly what I am going to try and do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment